Aircraft windshields, windscreens, canopies, windows, electrochromic panels and lenses
Innovation, technology and high quality provide lighter weight, longer service life
We provide aircraft windshields and windows to the commercial, regional, military and general aviation segments. Design capabilities include glass, acrylic and polycarbonate substrates with advanced-technology coatings and liners for specific performance characteristics, heating systems to meet flight requirements, edge attachments for load-carrying capabilities and interlayers that adhere structural plies. PPG advancements include technology that revolutionized windshield weight and service life.
- Serving OEM and Aftermarket in Commercial, Regional, Military, and General Aviation segments
- ALTEOS® Interactive Window Systems - Commercial/Regional and General Aviation
- Clarity™ Transparency Cleaning System
- Opticor™ Advanced Transparency Material is an innovative, high performance, optically clear, transparent plastic for the aerospace market.
- Surface Seal® Coating Quick Application Kit gets planes back in the air fast
- Glass, stretched acrylic, polycarbonate, and composite
- Reduced aircraft weight
- Extensive design, certification and evaluation capabilities for aircraft in the development phase
- Increased product value through FAA-certified transparency rebuild / overhaul services
- Design innovations contribute to overall aircraft efficiencies
- Long service-life and reduced life-cycle cost provide significant value
- Worldwide technical and sales support
PPG Aerospace - Transparencies supplies a broad line of products for flight deck windows for Airbus, The Boeing Company, Bombardier, and Embraer aircraft in the latest design change levels.
PPG Aerospace Transparencies supplies the full product line of flight deck windows for Bombardier, Embraer, and ATR aircraft to the latest design change level.
PPG Aerospace - Transparencies has a long history of being a leading supplier of flight deck windows to the general aviation industry. PPG has key partnerships with most OEMs globally including, but not limited to, Bombardier, Dassault, Beechcraft, Cessna, Embraer, Gulfstream, Piaggio, Pilatus, Piper, Agusta, Bell, Sikorksy and Eclipse.
PPG Aerospace - Transparencies is a leader in military transparency technology. We are an experienced developer and system supplier of upgraded and retrofit military transparencies in the industry.
Transparency Repair Services
PPG Aerospace - Transparencies is recognized around the world as a longtime manufacturer of original-equipment and aftermarket aircraft transparencies. With its continued customer commitment, PPG has expanded capabilities to include component overhaul and repair services for framed window assemblies.