Aerospace Color Coatings by PPG
Learn more about PPG color options for Aerospace in this video (YouTube)
If you have trouble viewing, watch it here
Color Design / Matching
- color consulting for livery design
- creative ideas and innovative solutions
- sophisticated software for accurate color matching
- global color consistency across locations
- available locally through Application Support Centers
- PPG has unique capabilities and experience in color development
- unlimited colors in multiple technologies
- excellent durability even in harsh weather
- easier application and faster dry times
- light weight coatings save fuel costs
- Solar Heat Management coatings provide cooler planes and passengers
PPG Aerospace provides color matching and batch production capability globally through our manufacturing sites and Application Support Center (ASC) network. With state-of-the-art color match software, optimized response processes and color capability shared with our Automotive OEM and Aftermarket Refinish business units, PPG can meet the rapidly increasing demands of the Aerospace industry. Our color experts track global color trends in various regions and industries to provide solutions to our customers' livery design needs.
The commercial and general aviation segments of the industry are rapidly incorporating mica and metallic special-effects into their unique paint schemes. PPG Desothane® product lines have demonstrated extreme robustness in the application properties of these special effect colors while also optimizing repair capabilities, saving valuable time in the aircraft painting process.
PPG Aerospace Andaro® special-effects pigments provides an even greater color effect for the aviation industry. The depth of image and brilliance of color provide expanded branding opportunities for our customers. Product samples can be provided to demonstrate the extent of the Andaro® special-effect pigment system capability.
PPG’s color capability leverages the capabilities of our global coatings businesses within our global Aerospace Application Support Center network. We are available to support your color matching and batch production needs. Please contact your local PPG Aerospace Application Support Center (ASC) with your requests.