Coatings, Pretreatments, Paint Removers, Cleaners
DeSoto® and Deft® Aerospace Coatings*
Surface Solutions including Paint Removers and Cleaners
PPG Aerospace is the global leader in the development and supply of Aerospace Coatings
- Supports all segments of the aerospace industry globally
- Leading producer of aerospace topcoats and primers
- Supplies chrome-free pretreatment products, paint removers, and cleaners
- Global Application Support Center (ASC) network
- Significant investment in new technology including Solar Heat Management Coating
- PPG has launched significant product innovations into the market including:
Watch a demonstration below of Desothane®
HD basecoat/clearcoat being applied at Turkish Airlines. (If you have difficulty, view it here
- Desoprime™ CF chrome-free primers and chrome-free wash primers
- Aerocron™ electrocoat primer
- Andaro® special-effect pigments for brilliant color capability.
- PPG recently acquired Cuming Microwave, enhancing PPG’s portfolio of aerospace coatings with specialty coatings and materials that absorb microwaves and radio waves such as radar. The products are used for military aircraft and also have applications in electronics, telecommunications, medical and automotive end-uses.
* Looking for Deft® Architectural finishes? Visit the PPG Paints website to learn more
The PPG Aerospace Coatings’ supply capability is enhanced with three major manufacturing facilities across the US and Europe along with global color blending and packaging facilities in 17 locations worldwide. Customer support is maintained through these locations positioned to support both our OEM and aftermarket customer base.
PPG Aerospace’s global Technical Service organization helps customers to optimize their operations as well as the performance of our products through on-site training and application support. PPG Aerospace utilizes current, state-of-the-art program management processes and systems to ensure a smooth introduction of key technology into our customers’ operations and businesses to capitalize upon the value that each technology provides.
Leadership in Aerospace Coatings - Delivering global capability locally
- More than a thousand types of coatings
- Application for a variety of substrates including fiberglass, composites, and multiple metallic surfaces
- Qualified to a broad range of Commercial, General Aviation, Military, and AMS specifications
- Desothane® HS and Desothane® HD topcoats provide outstanding appearance, superior durability, and user-friendly application characteristics
- Deft® Military and Commercial products, primers, chrome-free products, waterborne products, pretreatments, and topcoats
- Desoprime™ primer systems including chrome-free, low VOC, and waterborne / water reducible products
- Aerocron™ electrocoat processes which can reduce waste by 80%, reduce weight by 60%, and improve material utilization to 95%
- Selectively strippable intermediate coating cuts repair cycle time by as much as 40%
- Andaro® special-effect pigments provide significantly improved depth of color
- PPG Solar Heat Management coatings reduce the impact of solar heat absorption improving the operating window for composite structures and reducing ground cooling needs
- Mica and Metallic pigments provide unique styling for customer livery designs
- Surface Solutions including Eldorado Paint Strippers and Cleaners provide environmentally-friendly specialty chemical products
Commercial / Civil Aviation
PPG Aerospace is a key global supplier of Coatings products for the Commercial segment of the Aerospace Industry. As a supplier to all of the major producers of OEM aircraft, PPG Aerospace coatings are qualified for use on nearly every surface of the aircraft structure and exterior.
Cuming Microwave Materials & Anechoic Chambers
Cuming Microwave Corporation based in Avon, Massachusetts, and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Cuming-Lehman Chambers, Inc, based in Chambersburg is a global supplier of Microwave Absorbers, Radar Absorbers, Dielectric Materials, Anechoic Chambers, EMC Chambers for the Defense, Electronic, Telecom, Medical & Automotive Industries.
PPG Aerospace is the global leader in the development and supply of coatings products for the military aerospace segment of the industry. With the addition of the Deft® product line in 2013, PPG has a full line of topcoats and primers needed for the industry supporting fighters, trainers, transport aircraft, and helicopters.
DeSoto® Aerospace Specialty Coatings produces a wide range of Specialty Coatings to address the many needs of coatings systems within the aerospace industry.
PPG Aerospace offers an extensive line of paint strippers, removers and cleaners.